Creating a New A-la-Cart Item
Start on the Exhibitor Pricing page and click on "Add A-la-Cart Item".
Adding Item Attributes
You begin by defining the new item.
- Name - give the item a name that's understandable to you but also to people who may be purchasing the item.
- Product Type - here you can select what type of product you are offering @Austin Help here
- Booth - a booth for exhibiting
- Booth Worker - individual registrations for working a booth @Austin - is this not somewhere else?
- Advertising - advertising option
- Sponsorship - sponsorship of the event
- Physical Product - some type of physical product
- Digital Product - some type of digital product
- Community Membership - membership to the community @Austin - how does this work?
- Description - take a moment to describe this item in more detail and how it benefits the exhibitor.
- Booth Type - select the type of booth, if this is a booth (you will need to set up your booth inventory prior to setting up this item selection).
- Minimum & Maximum Quantity - minimum & maximum someone could purchase (NOTE: if you set a minimum of 1 then the system requires them to at least purchase 1 - most events leave this field blank).
- Required - is the item required for registration?
- Private - would you like for this item to not show up on your public list of products. This is great for items you may offer your sponsor organizations or on-demand items.
You can optionally choose to include a membership with an event registration.
You can optionally connect a MailChimp campaign to each product. This is great to do for items like booth purchases so you can systematically drip communications to your exhibitors about preparation for your upcoming event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can exhibitors make additional purchases once they have made their initial purchase? Yes, for example, an exhibitor may purchase a booth and then desire to purchase advertising. Cause Machine supports these additional purchases and logs all receipts back to the organization.